Monday, April 15, 2013

Left Behind Valentine

Some days are so beautiful
in that smiling understated way
I just want to say to everyone
it’s OK go on without me
I think I’ll stay impossibly
stuck here in this mid-morning
brawl of everything just getting
underway the trees heavy-laden
with colorful promises the ground
trembling with roots and worms
like someone shuffling his feet
I just want to live here
in the knowledge of this one
resurrected day before hope
has to intervene again
with its hopeless warnings
about anything at all
to be accomplished here today
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.I think this is either one of yr best poems or one of yr best sentiments.Can't tell which I'm responding to but love it.d

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Matt, Dee's semi-roommate. Dee just shared this poem with me and I absolutely love it! Now I have to go read a bunch more.