Thursday, July 19, 2012

Naked Valentine

I think of it as quilting
literary quilting
the long poem

I can only manage
a small soiled napkin
coveting one sneeze at a time

I once sneezed nineteen
consecutive lines I was
completely naked inside

neither by association
nor by dissociation
but by what inspires both

my motto: what a shit
you are sometimes
I often say to myself

what a little
shit I am
going to be

but to see I
can’t take even my
little goodness with me

if I would behold a true
objective picture
of myself

or anything else
but must leave my
own opinions behind


1 comment:

William Keckler said...

Peter, you needn't worry about such labels. I like your quilting metaphor. Your work is of a piece, one spiritual cloth. And it it broad and expansive as the sea of love-- and its sister, the sea of error.